Missed


I think before I continue with this post, I should be apologizing to all of you.. It has been a little more than a month since we last spoke and that is not a good thing whats-so-ever. I do have some reasons though as well as great news: First things first, I told you guys before how important school has been for me so I have been extremely focused with that and only that. Then on weekends I don't have the energy to get dressed up after work because by then it's already too late for me to go anywhere. I honestly believe that this is the first weekend where I am not working. Yesterday, I was doing my last minute Christmas shopping so I was literally out until 7 at night. Once I got home, the first thing I did was hop into the shower and put on some sweats. Today I decided to do some pampering and I got my nails done as well as my eyebrows. I have been a true bed bum today and just spending time with my family here at home (nothing wrong with that, right?). 
The last thing I wanted to tell you guys is what a friend of mine and I have been working on and finally are able to say that it's happening.... drum roll please; We have officially started a fashion club at my high school and came up with some really good ideas. My blog, this blog, our blog, has became known to the school (and others around the world) and will be used by my fellow classmates to share any ideas they have or even fashion issued events coming up in the school. This blog went from just me putting my ideas on a screen to something bigger. I only got here, the place I am today, with the help of all of you from just clicking on the link to sharing the word verbally to friends and family friends. So this is a huge shout-out to all of you and telling you guys how appreciative I am to have such positive people around me. 
A new chapter in my life has began with a special person by my side encouraging me to do better. Learning to surround yourself with positive people is the best accessory in any lifetime and lifestyle because your smile is also your best accessory. 
Back to where I started: Christmas is in a couple of days and I still do not have a Christmas outfit (can I use the excuse of this being fashionably late or??). I am not sure if most of you know what you are wearing but considering I spent so much time at the mall yesterday I was able to see some outfit ideas from some of the mannequins. Here is what I put together from some stores viewed: 

Sequined Skirt + Cozy Sweater
This is one of my favorite looks for a holiday party or Christmas dinner/New Years party. Mixing textures is a fun way to add interest to an outfit, and I love how this knit sweater dresses down this sequin skirt.

Faux Fur + Little Black Dress
This oversized textured coat is an unexpected (and quite cozy) way to complete almost any outfit. It’s feminine and a little bit funky; perfect to throw over a cocktail dress for a night out or over jeans and a t-shirt during the day (my favorite way to use them).
Skinny Jeans + Tailored Jacket
A tailored jacket is one those pieces that can completely change the look of an outfit. Pairing it with a silk blouse and a pair of skinny jeans creates the perfect look for a day at the office or just normal run a-rounds. It’s functional while maintaining stylish. Adding a pop of color with shoes would be just as perfect.
Leather Jacket + Lace Maxi
This is one of my favorite day-to-night looks. Mixing a feminine dress and a leather jacket is a great way to attain a fresh look.

3 comments:

Powered by Blogger.